The weekend is approaching, and you are standing in front of your closet trying to figure out what corner has which garment. It keeps you wondering if you had found the time to organize it, life would have been so much easier. This is the kind of struggle all women have, but things don’t have to be too complicated. You can make your life a lot easier with some smart fashion tips that allow you to look your best on any occasions. You can adjust your choices based on your style, body type and personality, but most of these tips will work for any of woman out there.
Is your closet is out of control? It'sIt's time to take action. You set aside some time to organize your clothes, but when it comes time actually to do it, you end up completely stumped. It doesn't seem like a big deal at first, but when piles of clothes surround you, it can get overwhelming. When it comes to whether you should organize clothes by colour or category, it'sit's essential to look at the pros and cons of each system.
Here are some tips that will help you organize your closet by colour:
(a) Start by Decluttering
Decluttering is essential for everyone to do regularly, but it'sit's especially helpful when you have a small closet. If your closet is stuffed to the brim, no amount of colour coding is going to help. Start by taking everything out of your closet. Put everything on your bed and go through each article one-by-one. Ask yourself:
# How often do I wear this?
# Do I still want this?
# Does it fit?
# Is it in good shape?
Asking these questions will help you determine what stays and what goes.
(b) Colour coordinate your clothes
Now, make piles of clothes in similar colours.
(c) Choose your closet colour scheme
Here are two ways to colour coordinate your closet. You can choose to have a colour-coordinated closet from light to dark, or you can go with ROYGBIV.
Light-to-Dark: Start with your white clothes and organize them, so the darkest colours are at the other end of the closet ROYGBIV: The colours of the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Professional organizers tend to prefer this technique. It offers the best contrast between colours, making it easier to distinguish your clothes when you're in a hurry. If you go this route, you'll have to choose where to put your neutral clothes (white, black, grey, brown, etc.).
(d) Figure out where to put the multi-coloured garment
When organizing your closet by colour, you might feel stumped by multi-coloured clothes. All you have to do is determine the dominant colour in the garment. Then, put it with like-coloured clothes. Let'sLet's say you have a shirt that has pink, green, turquoise, and purple. If the dominant colour is purple, you'll store the shirt with your purple garments.
You should never wear an item immediately after ironing it. Instead, it would be best if you let it sit for a few hours to let the creases set. This explains why some items get wrinkly again immediately after you wear them.
To avoid ruing your clothing while ironing, you should also follow these rules:
1. Never iron your cloths in circular motions because this can stretch the fabric.
2. Don't iron fabrics that are too dry. Wrinkles are more comfortable to remove from damp clothing.
3. Pay special attention to the iron's heat settings. Using a high heat setting can shorten the life of your clothing.
4. A good rule of them is to iron clothing inside-out. This will prevent you from ruining the finish of certain fabrics.
5. Make sure your iron is clean before using it. You don't want residue from the iron to get on your clothing. Most irons can be cleaned with a simple household cleaner.
Some many unique formulas and techniques can be used when washing and drying your raw denim, but we will focus specifically on when and how to wash your denims based on our own personal and preferred method.
This is our recommended process for washing your jeans, so they always look and smell fresh and new:
1. Always wash your jeans inside out. Make sure zippers are zipped, and buttons are buttoned to avoid snags and tears during the cycle. Washing jeans inside out helps to maintain their indigo blue colour.
2. Wash your jeans with other, similar coloured ones. Please don’t wash them with towels or delicate clothing. Loading and washing your jeans separately helps to prevent friction on the denim fabric, which can lead to tears and thinning.
3. Wash your jeans in cold water on a delicate setting.
4. Use a mild detergent and choose one that is designed to wash dark clothing to preserve the colour and prevent any fading.
5. Avoid washing your denim jeans frequently. After wearing them about ten times, it’s time to clean them.
6. If you spill something on your jeans before it is time to wash them, do a spot clean. Gently scrub the stained area with a wet cloth and a combination of cold water and a mild detergent. Hang them to dry after spot cleaning.
7. Switch to air-drying technique to prevent shrinkage in jeans. Dry them at the outdoors to get the best results.
All you need is vodka (cheap vodka will do) and a spray bottle. Spray a thin coating over all the clothes you never have time to wash and wait for the vodka to evaporate. As it does, the smells are lifted off the clothes as well. Apparently, the alcohol is what makes the smell better, so the higher the alcohol content, the better. Just make sure it’s plain vodka, not salmon flavoured vodka.
One more tip. Spraying too much vodka on your clothes or wearing said clothes, before the vodka dries, will make you smell irresponsible and deplorable. Stick to an early spray, let your clothes fully dry, and don’t use flavored vodka. Other than that, spray away and enjoy all your extra time you save not washing your clothes.
Button downs are amazing - they can be dressed up or down easily and make for flattering, casual chic wear. However, most of us have a love/hate relationship with them for one common reason- the unavoidable gap.
Fortunately, fixing the gap is not that much of a hassle. Use double-sided tape, Cut a length of double-sided tape and stick it between the two buttons that are gaping. Put on the shirt, button it up, peel off the tape liner, press the placket down firmly, and you’ll be done!
This doesn’t end here! We bring you a lot more exhilarating tricks and hacks to make you super busy life as smooth as silk in our next article.